Home / Uncategorized / Worth County High School Lockdown Today Georgia: Bomb Threat Prompts Early Dismissal as No Explosive Device Is Found

Worth County High School Lockdown Today Georgia: Bomb Threat Prompts Early Dismissal as No Explosive Device Is Found

Worth County High School Lockdown Today Georgia: Bomb Threat Prompts Early Dismissal as No Explosive Device Is Found

SYLVESTER, Ga. — Students at Worth County High School were released early Thursday afternoon after school officials discovered a message written on a bathroom wall that referenced a possible bomb threat, according to district officials.

School administrators said the message prompted immediate consultation with law enforcement and emergency response agencies. Following those discussions, officials decided to dismiss students at 1 p.m. as a precautionary measure.

The district emphasized that the decision was made out of an abundance of caution while authorities assessed the situation and ensured the safety of students, faculty, and staff.

As part of the response, all after-school activities and events scheduled to take place on the Worth County High School campus were canceled Thursday.

While the incident affected operations at the high school, officials said all other schools within the Worth County School District continued on their normal schedules and dismissed students at the regular time of 3 p.m.

Law enforcement agencies conducted a thorough investigation of the campus following the discovery of the message. In an update issued by the school system at approximately 4:25 p.m., officials announced that a complete search of the school had been conducted and no explosive devices were found.

District leaders also confirmed that all Worth County schools are expected to operate on a normal schedule on Friday, Aug. 21.

According to the Worth County Sheriff’s Office, officers from the Sylvester Police Department responded to the school and are leading the investigation into the incident. Authorities have not released additional information regarding the origin of the message or whether any suspects have been identified.

School officials thanked students, parents, staff members, and emergency responders for their cooperation during the incident and reiterated their commitment to maintaining a safe learning environment.

The investigation remains ongoing, and authorities are expected to continue reviewing the circumstances surrounding the message found inside the school. Anyone with information that may assist investigators is encouraged to contact local law enforcement.

No injuries were reported, and officials said the campus was cleared after the search found no evidence of any explosive threat.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

error: Content is protected !!